Monday, February 05, 2007

1st Tooth Gone

28-December-2006

A few months ago, Vincent showed me a loosen tooth at his lower gum. He was pretty cautious about this loosen tooth. Although painless, he would avoid using that part of teeth when he ate anything. I guess maybe that's the reason why it took such a long time to fall.

A few weeks later, I saw a new tooth grew out from behind the loosen tooth. It's pretty weird to see a new tooth co-exist with the old tooth at the same location. I wanted to take him to the dentist place to get it extracted. But there were certain considerations and worries (maybe too subjective) that stopped me from doing this.

Just when I finally decided to take him to see the dentist, the tooth fell off unexpectedly. It happened when he was eating a bowl of noodle that Sunday afternoon...I was talking with my friend, and I was distracted when I saw him jumping down from the chair, looking around the floor while saying something in panic tone. Before I figured out what happen, I saw blood flowing down from his mouth. Only a few seconds later, I realized his tooth had fallen off. I was right.

When I was busy, trying to stop the bleeding, his little friend was kind enough to look around the floor and pick up the fallen tooth for me. Here it is...When I reached home, I put it into a small plastic bag, sealed it and kept it into his personal clear folder, just like I kept his ambillical cord.

I felt so relieved now...I think the new tooth will gradually move forward to its right place.


Suddenly, you look like such a big boy now. Congratulations to your natural fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home